Date January/February 2019
Time 1-2:30 pm
Name of Workshop Self-Care in the Modern World: A Primer
Description of Workshop Join social worker, Chris Pressley, as he explores introductory
questions/topics related to taking care of ourselves and “The 9 Areas of Our Self-Care Garden”:
● Is self-care necessary?
● What is the definition of self-care?
● Am I doing enough self-care?
● What if I don’t have time for self-care?
● Who needs to practice self-care?
● What are some self-care practices/routines/rituals?
Chris Pressley is a social worker, community organizer, writer, podcaster, & speaker, who resides in Hartford, CT. Mr. Pressley’s writing and events focus on self-care, gratitude, and the path of spiritual warriorship. Chris received a Master of Social Work from the University of Connecticut (2016) and works professionally with adults who have special needs. Also: he loves empanadas.